Carlo has over 23 years with the Meaden & Moore Assurance Services Group. He has focused his assurance experience in the area of manufacturing and employee plan benefit audits. He assists in planning the engagement, reviewing engagements so that they meet firm standards, and supervising managers and senior accountants in the field. He meets with our clients throughout the year to meet and discuss their important issues that affect them on a daily basis and manages the services that are provided to ensure our clients receive the highest level of service. He also manages financial statement and tax compliance services on a corporate level.
In addition to being responsible for planning, executing, and managing audits and reviews of privately held companies, Carlo is dedicated to building long-term client relationships and is talented with complex client engagements and problem-solving.
Carlo serves as a mentor and role model for our staff and manages our firm’s training program to aid in their development.
Specifically for our employee benefit plan audit group, Carlo understands the operations and compliance of different types of plans. He continues to develop his employee benefit plan audit skills and knowledge by attending AICPA conferences and other continuing education courses each year. With these skills and knowledge, he is able to provide suggestions and recommendations to plan sponsors regarding numerous plan matters.
Areas Of Specialization
- Manufacturing and Distribution
- Defined Contribution, Defined Benefit, ESOP, and Health and Welfare Plan Audits
- PCAOB Benefit Plan Reporting
- Peer Review team member for external firm peer reviews
University of Akron, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership Akron, Community Leadership Institute Program
- Author of articles to Compensation and Benefits Review
- Stow Booster Club Volunteer
- Soap Box Derby Finance Committee
- Boy Scout Fall Classic Committee