Lynn assists not-for-profit organizations and small business entities with a variety of accounting, auditing and business advice. Lynn works with directors and business owners to help them develop and identify internal accounting best practices to make better decisions. She also advises many companies and organizations on creating efficiencies and improvements in internal financial reporting and controls.
Lynn has over 20 years in public accounting, working with a wide variety of companies in various industries with a focus on not-for-profit organizations.
As a lead member of the Firm’s not-for-profit core team, she devotes a significant amount of her time towards sharing industry related expertise, developing an efficient audit approach and training internal staff. Lynn is a frequent speaker and conducts internal and external sessions on a variety of topics affecting not-for-profits and small businesses.
Areas Of Specialization
- Not-for-Profit Organizations
- Single Audits under OMB 2CFR Part 200
- Generally Accepted Governmental Auditing Standards (GAGAS)
- Internal Accounting Best Practices
Education And Certifications
- Rider College, Bachelor of Science in Commerce
- AICPA Not-for-Profit Certified Level I and Level II
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Leadership Lorain County Class of 2005
- Susan G. Komen Northeast Ohio, board member
- The Center for Community Solutions since 2013: board member, treasurer
- Firelands Association for the Visual Arts (FAVA) 2001-2016: board member, volunteer, executive officer
- Leadership Lorain County 2005-2011: board member, volunteer, finance committee chair, treasurer