With over 18 years in public practice, Brian has extensive audit experience, especially in the field of employee benefit plan audits. He has a strong understanding of the operations and compliance of many types of employee benefit plans, which he developed through planning, preparing and supervising those audit engagements.
Brian advises clients on best practices and provides expert guidance on how to improve plan processes and protect fiduciary liability.
Brian continues to develop his employee benefit plan audit expertise through continuing education and keeping current on recent Department of Labor and other benefits regulations. He approaches engagements as a business partner of the client and strives to provide suggestions and recommendations for plan improvement.
Areas Of Specialization
- Defined Contribution Plan Audits
- Defined Benefit Plan Audits
- Health and Welfare Audits
- PCAOB Benefit Plan Audits
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Wharton School of Business and International Foundation of Employee Benefits Plans
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants (OSCPA)
- Central Ohio Chapter of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (CEBS), Past President
- American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA)
- Published author in Compensation & Benefits Review
- Certificate holder for Advanced Defined Contribution Audits through AICPA
- Educational speaker at various local benefit groups
- Community/Philanthropic Pursuits
- Ohio State University Alumni Association