For over 29 years, Jonathan has worked closely with private and public companies in manufacturing, transportation, distribution, construction, and retail under a variety of business structures, including S-corporations, C-corporations, consolidated groups, and limited liability companies.
In addition, he has extensive experience in preserving family wealth through the use of trusts and proactive estate planning. Jonathan works with clients in areas such as corporate acquisitions and divestitures, post-merger integration, tax planning for closely held businesses, business succession planning, and individual tax and retirement planning.
During his career he has personally been involved in over 100 transactions ranging in size from $1.0 million to $1.0 billion. Jonathan is a frequent speaker for professional and civic organizations on a variety of tax topics including “Tax Implications of the Affordable Care Act” and “Washington Legislative Update”.
Areas Of Specialization
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Entity Structuring Alternatives
- Business Succession Planning
- Corporate Tax Planning & Compliance
- Individual Tax and Retirement Planning
- Graduate of Kent State University, Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting
- Graduate of The University of Akron, Master of Taxation degree (with honors)
- Ohio Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Treasurer Tax Club of Cleveland• Wayne Holmes Estate Planning Council
- AGN International Tax Core Team Leader
- Next 20 Tax Group
- The United Way of Wayne and Holmes Counties, Past Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair
- The Wayne Economic Development Council, Past Executive Committee Member and Treasurer
- The Wayne County Community Improvement Corporation, Past Board of Trustees
- The Medina County Audit Committee, Past Board of Trustee
- Boys’ Village Inc., Past Treasurer and Finance Committee Chair
- Cleveland Tax Club, Board of Trustees