Employee Benefit Plan Advising & Auditing
Experts in Our Field
Trust Meaden & Moore's employee benefit consultants to remove the worry and fiduciary risk from managing your employee benefit plan. Our dedicated team has extensive experience, providing audit, tax, and consulting services to more than 200 employee benefit plans every year – ensuring compliance with plan documents and regulatory requirements. We audit 23% of Northeast Ohio’s largest public companies' plans (according to Crain’s 2018 Book of Lists).
If an issue were to arise with regulatory agencies, Meaden & Moore is fully qualified to represent your organization. We will work together as a collaborative team with you and your outside parties.
We have committed more than 40 professionals, including six partners, to the practice. Our plans range in size up to $21 billion in assets. We annually attend the AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefits and the Ohio Society of CPAs trainings. We also are attendees and speakers at events held by various human resources and benefits groups.
Commitment To Quality
As members of The Center for Public Company Audit Firms and Private Companies Practice Sections of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), we participate in an extensive peer review program every three years. This program is dedicated to ensuring that participating firms have quality control systems in place over practices. Through this program, Meaden & Moore has had nine peer reviews and received nine unqualified opinions – our profession’s highest recognition. We are also registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and are members of the AICPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center. In addition, due to the size of our employee benefits practice, we undergo a U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) mini-inspection. Our last inspection had no comments for improvement from the DOL, nor have we been subject to any AICPA or State Society Ethics referrals.
Employee Benefit Plan Advising, Tax, & Assurance Services
- Conducting employee benefit plan audits and compliance reviews
- Preparing required tax forms
- Recommending improvements to internal controls to reduce fiduciary liability
- Recommending the optimal plan for your organization
- Reviewing plan documents and amendments
- Resolving qualified plan defects
- Resolving issues with the IRS, DOL, and other governmental authorities
- Advising on benefit plans, including defined benefits, defined contribution, 401(k), and 403(b) plans, among others
- Staying abreast of trends and emerging practices in plan management
- Auditing health and welfare plans including:
- Claims audits
- Dependent audits
Is your business in need of employee benefits consulting and an investment management plan? We’re here to help you remove the fiduciary risk from managing your employee benefit plan and meet specified investment goals. Call 866-752-4651 or contact us here to speak with one of our employee benefits advisors today!