Defining the best benefit plan for you
Managing the risk related to employee benefit plans is keeping plan administrators on edge—and with good reason. The Department of Labor and the IRS are scrutinizing the compliance of each Plan Sponsor more closely than ever. Risk to companies continue to escalate.
Experts in our Field
Trust Meaden & Moore's Benefit Plan Group to remove the worry and fiduciary risk from managing your employee benefit plan. Our dedicated team has extensive experience, providing audit, tax and consulting services to more than 200 benefit plans every year—ensuring compliance with plan documents and regulatory requirements. If an issue were to arise with regulatory agencies, Meaden & Moore is fully qualified to represent your organization. We will work together as a collaborative team with you and your outside parties.
We have committed more than 40 professionals including six partners to the practice. Our plans range in size up to $21 billion in assets. We annually attend the AICPA National Conference on Employee Benefits and the Ohio Society of CPAs trainings. We also are attendees and speakers at events held by various Human Resources and benefits groups.
Commitment to Quality
As members of The Center for Public Company Audit Firms and Private Companies Practice Sections of the American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA), we participate in an extensive peer review program every three years. This program is dedicated to ensuring that participating Firms have quality control systems in place over practices. Through this program, Meaden & Moore has had nine peer reviews and received nine unqualified opinions – our profession’s highest recognition. We are also registered with the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and are members of the AICPA Employee Benefit Audit Quality Center. In addition, due to the size of our employee benefit practice, we undergo a DOL mini inspection. Our last inspection had no comments for improvement from the DOL. Nor have we been subject to any AICPA or State Society Ethics referrals.
Our employee benefit plan advising, tax and assurance services include:
• Conducting benefits plan audits and compliance reviews
• Preparing required tax forms
• Recommending improvements to internal controls to reduce fiduciary liability
• Recommending the optimal plan for your organization
• Reviewing plan documents and amendments
• Resolving qualified plan defects
• Resolving issues with the IRS, Department of Labor and other governmental authorities
• Advising on benefit plans, including defined benefits, defined contribution, 401(k) and 403(b) plans, among others
• Staying abreast of trends and emerging practices in plan management
• Auditing health and welfare plans including:
• Claims audits
• Dependent audits