This position will require extensive experience in all major areas of taxation including corporate, partnership, trust, individual and large sale and acquisition transactions. Serving large, privately-held businesses and their owners will be a significant focus of time. Excellent client service and communication skills will be essential along with the ability to develop and maintain client relationships. There will be opportunities to grow the tax practice as well as the general business of the Firm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The candidate will have developed in-depth expertise in all forms of business entities with extensive experience in merger and acquisitions, succession planning, sales of business entities and overall tax planning strategies.
The individual has already developed a network of referral sources and has been actively involved with generating new business through his or her own efforts. The person will be directly involved with major marketing efforts and strategies within the Firm.
This position will require the candidate to become a leader within the Firm and provide solid direction for the tax practice including mentoring and developing other key members of the tax services group. The position will require the individual to embrace a team-approach to client service.
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
- Certified Public Accountant designation required
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and basic knowledge of operating system software
- Minimum of 15 years experience in a public accounting firm tax department environment
- Proven client and project management abilities
- Proven business development capabilities