Business Software Selection and Development
Once the IT strategy has been developed or aligned, the important initiatives required to realize the strategy can begin. At this point, each of our clients faces the traditional “make or buy” decision.
Most of our clients elect to “buy” business software. For those clients, M&M Business Solutions helps by lending its experience from over sixty software selection projects. In the course of that work, we’ve evaluated most of the business application software packages on the market in critical, core areas such as:
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Distribution Management Software
- Accounting Software
- Advanced Planning and Scheduling and Supply Chain Management Software
M&M Business Solutions’ proven track record with business software selection rests on four components:
- Objectivity – we don’t represent or sell any software packages, and we don’t accept commissions or finders’ fees from the software providers that we recommend. Our goal is to serve our clients (not the software companies!).
- Structure – we bring our clients a structured, 4-phase approach that results in thorough analysis and informed decision.
- Experience – all of our consultants are former industry practitioners with experience using business software.
- Research – We purchase independent research and maintain our own knowledge-base regarding the business application software industry, enabling us to share objective, honest, and quantifiable observations about particular vendors and packages with our clients.
We frequently work with clients that elect to “make” some of their own business application software. This situation most often occurs where the client has a unique need, unique product or service, and a unique competitive advantage and generic, packaged software is an inadequate solution. Most often, these clients utilize a blend of custom software and packaged software.
In these instances, M&M Business Solutions frequently assists its clients with the development of custom software as follows:
- Design and Specifications
- Testing and Quality Assurance
- Training and Implementation